Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations.
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education.
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships.
- Corporate discount rates.
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed.
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by highly engaged colleagues who love what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Crombie’s Operations team in a full-time Property Maintenance role based at our Downsview Mall Plaza location. This role contributes to Crombie’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service of the Downsview Mall Plaza and surrounding properties. Service-oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision, this role is responsible for various routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
Assist with all day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of the property including but not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service, address tenant concerns and work with tenants and members of the public in a positive and respectful manner
- Day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of all areas of the Downsview Mall site and surrounding properties both internally and externally
- Removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, doorways and canopies using shovels, snow blowers and/or small tractor. Salting of walkways and parking areas as required
- Lawn cutting and landscape maintenance using gas trimmer, whipper snipper, rake, push mower and ride on mower. Plant, water and tend to flowers, shrubs and beds. Rake and bag leaves. Shovel gravel
- Exterior painting; cold patching holes in the parking areas; vacuuming; assembling and take down of seasonal décor; clearing roof drains and catch basins; monitoring building systems; pressure washing; cleaning maintenance equipment
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings; clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures; sweep, mop, scrub (use walk behind cleaning unit); empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- Effectively communicate issues to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Meet with contractors for service calls; provide supervised access to mechanical rooms if required
- Perform monthly water meter readings and monthly property tenant inspections at sites where required
- Monitor contractors to ensure duties are performed properly and communicate issues to Maintenance Supervisor for resolution
- Understand the importance of safety in the workplace and follow all health and safety procedures
- Responding to emergency situations, including but not limited to fire alarms, floods, vehicular and pedestrian accidents
- Other duties and special projects as required
The Profile We Are Looking For
- 1-2 years of maintenance-related experience and knowledge of building operations is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Clear criminal record check
- Capability to meet the role’s medium physical demand level – lifting and/or carrying: occasional 26-50 pounds; frequent 11-25 pounds, and constantly 1-10 pounds, including:
- Bilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 10-50 pounds
- Bilateral lifting/lowering above shoulder – five pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 5-20 pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering above should – five pounds
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Subject: Property Maintenance Worker
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.