Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
Based out of Downsview Plaza in Lower Sackville, the Property Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective management of a portfolio of Crombie properties in HRM and surrounding areas.
Additional duties of the Property Maintenance Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Provides the required day-to-day operations and maintenance duties.
- Supervises building operations and staff and delegates and follows up on tasks as required.
- Ensures excellent tenant relations by providing excellent service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
- Assists with the preparation of annual operations and capital project budgeting.
- Oversees preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs of: general maintenance including interior and exterior building components, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices and life safety systems; in addition to janitorial and housekeeping tasks.
- Ensures that maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules are maintained.
- Obtains pricing and scheduling for work order requests.
- Supports occupational health and safety and environmental programs at the property level, ensuring all properties in the portfolio meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
- Monitors third-party contractors as it relates to contracted services (cleaning, escalator & elevator, HVAC, etc.).
- Manages Yardi work order and purchase order tasks.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, suppliers, and internal departments) to understand business objectives, build relationships, and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Completes monthly inspections of the interior and exterior property and coordinates corrective action for deficiencies and follow up documentation.
- Monitors performance and repair costs for Voyager Fixed Asset module including HVAC, roofs, parking, electrical, mechanical, life safety and other equipment (i.e. emergency generator, sprinkler flows etc.).
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 3-5 years of maintenance related experience and knowledge of building operations.
- Completion of formal education and real estate and/or property management are considered strong assets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean drivers record.
- General knowledge in the following areas are considered an asset:
- Waste treatment and septic systems/sewage lift pumps/sewer flow monitoring
- Water fill stations and water distribution systems/daily water testing
- Fire pumps/fire panels
- HVAC systems
- Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume
Subject: Maintenance Supervisor, Downsview
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.