Date Posted: January 23, 2024
Application Deadline: February 18, 2024
Location: St. John’s, NL
Employment Type: Temporary (12 month contract)
Job Type: On-site
Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
Based out of St. Johns, Newfoundland at Avalon Mall, the Maintenance Worker contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service at the Avalon Mall, and any applicable surrounding properties. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, this role is responsible for ongoing building maintenance and repairs, ensuring Crombie premises are maintained to high standard of quality. Additional duties of the Maintenance Worker include but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service, address tenant concerns and work with tenants and members of the public in a positive and respectful manner.
- Day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of all areas of the site and surrounding properties both internally and externally.
- Removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, doorways and canopies using shovels, snow blowers and/or small tractor. Salting of walkways and parking areas as required.
- Lawn cutting and landscape maintenance using gas trimmer, whipper snipper, rake, push mower and ride on mower.
- Exterior painting; cold patching holes in the parking areas; vacuuming; assembling and take down of seasonal décor; clearing roof drains and catch basins; monitoring building systems; pressure washing; cleaning maintenance equipment.
- Wash windows, empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- Effectively communicate issues to the Manager, Facilities.
- Meet with contractors for service calls; provide supervised access to mechanical rooms if required.
- Perform monthly water meter readings and monthly property tenant inspections at sites where required.
- Monitor contractors to ensure duties are performed properly and communicate issues to Manager, Facilities for resolution.
- Understand the importance of safety in the workplace and follow all health and safety procedures.
- Responding to emergency situations, including but not limited to fire alarms, floods, vehicular and pedestrian accidents.
- Engages across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
- 1-2 years of maintenance related experience and knowledge of building operations in a commercial environment is considered a strong asset.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Dedication to the safety and security of our customers, tenants and fellow employees.
- Working knowledge of electrical, carpentry and plumbing related to the building maintenance field.
- Beginner level Microsoft Office and computer skills skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook) is considered a strong asset.
- Valid driver’s license, and Class 8 License would be considered an asset.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Capability to meet the role’s medium physical demand level – lifting and/or carrying: occasional 26-50 pounds; frequent 11-25 pounds, and constantly 1-10 pounds, including:
- Bilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 10-50 pounds
- Bilateral lifting/lowering above shoulder – five pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 5-20 pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering above should – five pounds
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Subject: Maintenance Worker, Avalon Mall.
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.