Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Crombie believes that the well-being and reputation of our company is based on our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and those engaged in business activities on our property. Crombie’s management will ensure that every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure the health and safety of its employees and of those engaged in business activities on our property. No job is to be regarded so urgent that health and safety is compromised.
The promotion of safe working attitudes and behaviors is a commitment that we, at Crombie, take seriously. We will ensure that we have met or exceeded all legislated health and safety requirements. As an organization, we are committed to:
- Ensuring the integration of workplace health and safety program requirements into each operating business unit;
- Supporting and encouraging the compliance and performance improvement activities of our Joint Health and Safety Committees and representatives;
- Ensuring that all supervisors and managers and contractors are:
- accountable for the health and safety of employees under their supervision,
- responsible to identify and manage hazards,
- responsible for the safety of all machinery and equipment,
- responsible for providing that assignments are carried out in compliance with established safe practices and procedures.
- Ensure that every employee is equipped with the knowledge and training to protect his or her own health and safety, and conducts their work in compliance with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by Crombie; and
- Ensure employees are aware of their responsibilities in the Crombie early safe return to work program and actively participate when required.
It is the responsibility of every supervisor to understand all legal requirements, ensure that safe and healthy work conditions are maintained, that employees are trained and that safe practices are followed and enforced.
It is the responsibility of every employee to report all unsafe conditions.
We will give our commitment to ensuring that health and safety is an integral part of this organization, and promote best practices in order to manage operational risks and continually improve our health and safety performance.