Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who we are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Summary of Role
The Senior Project Manager (Construction) manages and provides support to internal departments, consultants and general contractors to ensure the successful delivery of medium and large size development and construction projects in Atlantic Canada. Additional duties of the Senior Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day delivery of multiple construction projects within the region.
- Leads the communication of information between construction team members, internal departments, and various stakeholders involved in each project.
- Meets regularly with design consultants and general contractors to ensure delivery of high-quality projects on-time and on-budget.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with all key stakeholder groups (end users, contractors, internal departments) to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with improvement/investment strategy for the portfolio.
- Assists the estimating department as required for the preparation of project budgets and/or deal scopes of work.
- Prepares high level or complex project schedules to effectively communicate project completion dates and key milestones and tracks / reports these milestones to senior management on a regular basis.
- Carries out detailed design reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance with deal objectives.
- Studies deal documentation and effectively translates into scopes of work for design consultants and/or tender packages for general contractors.
- Manages tendering and awards for construction projects including preparation of tender documentation as required.
- Prepares RFPs for design consultants, reviews fee proposals and provides recommendations for consultant awards.
- Manages the design team for concept/schematic design, detailed tender documentation and during the course of construction.
- Manages project costs including invoice/progress claim and change orders reviews, and regular project cost and cash flow forecasting to senior management.
- Supervises and monitors construction progress up to and including project final completion / close out including regular written status reports to senior management.
- Provides support to internal Leasing, Operations and Development groups with construction project related matters.
- Completes consistent and regular onsite inspections to ensure all projects and contractors meet federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
- Collaborates among departments to ensure alignment on regional and national initiatives. Follows regional and/or national project management approaches and policies, ensuring all policies and procedures are conducted effectively in accordance with organizational standards.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ construction experience in retail and/or mixed-use construction management projects, with a University degree in civil engineering, construction or building science in addition to a P.Eng. and/or PMP Certification. Experience in multi-residential construction management projects is an asset. Candidates must demonstrate exemplary organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail, as well as solid and proven leadership skills and interpersonal skills that support strong internal and external relationships and collaboration.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Senior Project Manager (Construction)
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.