Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Based out of our Scotia Square location in Halifax and reporting to the Director, Operations, the Property Manager ensures that all programs related to the overall operation of the designated portfolio are implemented in a timely and efficient manner. Additional duties of the Property Manager include but are not limited to;
- Assisting in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth.
- Building on and developing customer and tenant relations, including tenant retention programs and activities.
- Completing budget planning and cost management within their assigned portfolio and operating within budgets.
- Conducting maintenance capital planning and project oversight.
- Staying current with Accounts Receivable and other issues with tenants, and supporting the collection of tenant receivables when initial efforts by Accounts Receivable department are not successful.
- Monitoring expenses on a monthly basis, reviewing actual performance against budget and conducting monthly variance analyses, and recommending solutions.
- Overseeing and delivering on portfolio service contracts and contractor management in accordance with Crombie policies.
- Providing oversight and execution of preventative maintenance programs.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the properties within portfolio from the lease through to operation of each tenant, and ongoing maintenance, required or planned.
- Ensuring adherence to legislated compliance and health & safety requirements.
- Providing day-to-day support for Construction, Leasing, Legal, and Corporate Development activities.
- Completes other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The Profile We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have three to five years experience within Operations/Commercial Property Management, and holds an undergraduate degree in Commerce/Business. However, candidates demonstrating sound knowledge of budgeting, tracking, analytics experience, building knowledge, BOMA best practices, and previous people management experience will also be considered.
All candidates must demonstrate professionalism and superior communication skills both verbally and written, an interest and commitment to Environmental, Social, and (Corporate) Governance responsibilities is a must. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Property Manager
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.