Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at email@example.com.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on, . Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Property Maintenance Worker based out of the Highland Square Mall. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this job contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service of the Highland Square Mall. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision, this role is responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
Assist with all day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of the property including but not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service, address tenant concerns and work with tenants and members of the public in a positive and respectful manner;
- Day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of all areas of the site and surrounding properties both internally and externally;
- Removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, doorways and canopies using shovels, snow blowers and/or small tractor. Salting of walkways and parking areas as required;
- Lawn cutting and landscape maintenance using gas trimmer, whipper snipper, rake, push mower and ride on mower. Plant, water and tend to flowers, shrubs and beds. Rake and bag leaves. Shovel gravel;
- Exterior painting; cold patching holes in the parking areas; vacuuming; assembling and taking down seasonal décor; clearing roof drains and catch basins; monitoring building systems; pressure washing; cleaning maintenance equipment;
- Washing windows, interior walls and ceilings; cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and fixtures; sweeping, mopping, scrubbing (using walk behind cleaning unit); emptying trash cans and other waste containers;
- Effectively communicating issues to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor;
- Meeting with contractors for service calls; providing supervised access to mechanical rooms if required;
- Performing monthly water meter readings and monthly property tenant inspections at sites where required;
- Monitoring contractors to ensure duties are performed properly and communicating issues to Maintenance Supervisor for resolution;
- Understanding the importance of safety in the workplace and following all health and safety procedures;
- Responding to emergency situations, including but not limited to fire alarms, floods, vehicular and pedestrian accidents; and
- Other duties and special projects as required.
The Profile We Are Looking For
- 1-2 years of maintenance-related experience and knowledge of building operations is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Clear criminal record check
- Capability to meet the role’s medium physical demand level – lifting and/or carrying: occasional 26-50 pounds; frequent 11-25 pounds, and constantly 1-10 pounds, including:
- Bilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 10-50 pounds
- Bilateral lifting/lowering above shoulder – five pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering from floor to shoulder – 5-20 pounds
- Unilateral lifting/lowering above should – five pounds
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Subject: Property Maintenance Worker (Highland Square)
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.