Who we are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by highly engaged colleagues who love what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Property Maintenance Supervisor. Reporting to the Senior Property Manager this role contributes to Crombie’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective management of a portfolio of Crombie properties in the GTA and surrounding area. Service-oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision of the Property Manager, this role is responsible for operational aspects of property management for the portfolio as well a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Provides the required day-to-day operations and maintenance duties.
- Supervises building operations and contract staff and delegates and follows up on tasks as required.
- Assists with the preparation of annual operations and capital project budgeting.
- Oversees preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs of: general maintenance including interior and exterior building components, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices and life safety systems; in addition to janitorial and housekeeping tasks.
- Ensures that maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules are maintained.
- Obtains pricing and scheduling for work order requests.
- Supports occupational health and safety and environmental programs at the property level.
- Monitors third-party contractors as it relates to contracted services (cleaning, escalator & elevator, HVAC, etc.).
- Manages Yardi work order and purchase order tasks.
- Completes monthly inspections of the interior and exterior property and coordinates corrective action for deficiencies and follow up documentation.
- Monitors performance and repair costs for Voyager Fixed Asset module including HVAC, roofs, parking, electrical, mechanical, life safety and other equipment (i.e. emergency generator, sprinkler flows etc.).
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 3-5 years of maintenance-related experience and knowledge of building operations.
- Completion of formal education is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- General knowledge in the following areas:
- Waste treatment and septic systems/sewage lift pumps/sewer flow monitoring
- Water fill stations and water distribution systems/daily water testing
- Fire pumps/fire panels
- HVAC systems
- Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures
Start date: As soon as possible
Crombie has an established reputation for providing an excellent workplace through competitive salaries, comprehensive employee benefits and a rewarding work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume
Subject: Property Maintenance Supervisor
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.