Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who we are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Crombie in the role of Property Administrator. Based out of our New Glasgow Office and reporting to the Regional Property Manager, the Property Administrator will play a key role in supporting our Northern Nova Scotia offices. Duties for the Property Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Processes Operations payment documents, including invoices, for all required information, authorization, and tenant recharges.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, as well as suppliers, regarding property level invoice processing and payment inquiries.
- Acts as the SAP timekeeper for assigned portfolio/region.
- Works with the AP team to reconcile vendor accounts, as required.
- Identifies problems and discrepancies from vendor correspondence, internal inquiries, or based on system reports.
- Provides ownership for data entry for various operational systems including monthly accruals into Yardi, ESG data (utility, waste, and project input) into Measurable, updated tenant contact information for EMNS and Yardi, sales data input, and other Yardi data input (fixed asset, contractor information, etc.).
- Assists in the monthly AR collection.
- Collects, maintains, and verifies tenant insurance for lease compliance.
- Collects and verifies contractor Insurance, WCB, and Contractor Compliance forms.
- Assists with tenant accounts reconciliations and initiates collection escalation activities to ensure that rents are paid on a timely basis.
- Assists in preparing, compiling, assembling, and ensuring the accuracy and quality of all monthly, quarterly, and annual report(s) for respective properties in consultation with the various departments as required.
- Maintains all lists, including but not limited to, portfolio lists, tenant lists, emergency manuals, contact lists, site plans, floor plans, and others as required.
- Administers service contract preparation, tendering, analysis, and documentation.
- Provides support to Property Managers as point of contact for tenant issues and inquiries including collections.
- Prepares weekly and monthly portfolio reporting by taking minutes and compiling update notes.
- Prepares and administers tenant notices, records, updates, and distributes documentation and correspondence for building maintenance/repairs, HVAC, site services, parking records, etc.
- Provides ownership of data collection (roof reports, backflows, stormceptors, grease traps, fire safety).
- Provides superior customer service to all Crombie employees, clients, and suppliers by responding professionally and promptly to all questions, inquiries, and requests.
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate will have three to five years of administrative experience; commercial real estate or property administration experience is considered an asset. A post-secondary diploma in Business Administration is preferred, however all individuals demonstrating proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience in organizing and working with the public will be considered. Professionalism and superior verbal and written communication skills are a must. The successful candidate must be able to develop and build upon existing relationships both internally and externally.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Property Administrator
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.