Manager, Internal Audit
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Manager, Internal Audit, will support, enhance and protect Crombie's organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight. The Manager, Internal Audit will bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. This role will be responsible for delivery of operational audits and data analytics in support of the Operational Audit program; management of, including testing of financial controls, in support of the CEO/CFO Certification program; and provide Enterprise Risk Management support. Additional duties of the Manager, Internal Audit include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the annual and ongoing developments of the Internal Audit plan and process.
- Supports the execution of audits (operational, IT) and evaluation of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (NI 52-109), including:
- Planning: defining audit scope, conducting business process walkthroughs, identifying risks and controls to test, designing control and/or substantive test procedures including use of data analytics
- Fieldwork: executing test procedures, evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls, identifying process and control gaps
- Reporting: drafting and presenting audit findings and report, including obtaining Management agreement on findings and partnering with Management to identify effective action plans
- Project and stakeholder management: establishing audit timelines and deliverables, status reporting for different audiences at various levels
- Provides support towards the execution of ongoing action plan monitoring, including use of data analytics
- Prepares required documentation and assists in the presentation process of quarterly and ad hoc Management and Board reporting
- Collaborates on Enterprise Risk Management
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and leadership across the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in promoting the image and role of the Internal Audit function within Crombie REIT
- Maintains up-to-date skills on data analytic and visualization tools (ACL, Visual Basic, Tableau)
- Keeps abreast of real estate industry and internal audit trends
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
The profile we are looking for
The ideal candidate would have a minimum seven years related work experience in at least one of the following areas: Public Accounting, Internal Audit and/or Finance with a post-secondary degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA or CA designation is required, with preference given to those who hold an audit-related designation or are working towards their CIA or CISA. A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of audit principles, frameworks and standards such as Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Information. Experience with real estate accounting software (CTI or Yardi) would be considered an asset.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop team members and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility in New Glasgow, corporate discount rates, and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume;
Subject: Manager, Internal Audit
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.