Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, but more importantly, we’re community-minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the Lease Documentation Specialist is responsible for the preparation, administration, and negotiation of lease documentation for Crombie REIT. Additional duties of the Lease Documentation Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Providing lease administration services for a portfolio of properties, including all lease and collateral documentation, in collaboration with Leasing and Operations teams
- Collaborating with regional stakeholders and our national Leasing team to achieve leasing targets (rent and timing) and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, brokers, and industry contacts
- Ensuring accurate, timely, and complete preparation of all lease documentation and correspondence between tenants and legal representatives. Lease documentation includes Leases, Lease Extensions, Lease Amendments, Assignment, Subleases, and any other legal documents required by the department
- Ensuring lease documentation, agreements and correspondence follow the established national Crombie leasing process and procedures, as well as company policies and strategies
- Assisting with preparation of offers and letter of intent, and proposals for leasing as required
- Working collaboratively with internal business units in response to leasing related questions and matters
- Preparing routine status updates of lease documentation on outstanding files for internal use and tracking
- Ensuring completed leases and related documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness
- Working in collaboration with Leasing Managers and Senior Lease Documentation Specialist, negotiate clauses with the tenant, the tenant’s broker, or its legal representative as required;
- Assisting with special projects as assigned by the Associate General Counsel
The Profile We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of experience in preparing, negotiating, and administrating lease documentation, in addition to a post-secondary educational background in legal and/or document/records management fields, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. All individuals must demonstrate proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience in organizing and managing concurrent projects. Experience with Yardi Voyager is considered an asset. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbally and written, are a must. The successful candidate must be able to develop and build upon existing relationships both internally and externally.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume;
Subject: Lease Documentation Specialist
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.