Location: New Glasgow or Halifax, NS
Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, we support flexible work, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
Based out of New Glasgow or Halifax, NS, the Intermediate Business Systems Analyst is responsible for identifying, assessing, documenting, validating, and executing upon current and future business requirements. Additionally, they will recommend organizational priorities, develop robust business cases, execute on critical implementations, and advise on process optimization while ensuring adequate controls are in place to manage Crombie’s risk. Additionally, the Intermediate Business Systems Analyst:
- Understands the needs of multiple business stakeholders and translates business requirements by collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating core procedural and functional inputs into technical specifications.
- Evaluates, recommends, and tests new opportunities for enhancing systems, software, third party engagements, and IT processes.
- Provides business case development and analysis of the impact of proposed solutions across multiple business functions – developing benefits-driven use cases which demonstrate solution implementation impact to the relevant business functions and broader organization.
- Has familiarity with standards and procedures related to Information Systems and Technology centric products and services (cloud and on-premises).
- Provides ownership and responsibility to the development and implementation of IT-centric strategies and solutions, which include:
- Issue Identification and initiative intake
- Requirements gathering
- Exploration, assessment, and recommendation of product solutioning
- Project Management leadership and support
- Implementation and execution of support & maintenance plans
- Change Management
- Vendor and contract management
- Acts as an organizational liaison and manages key communications between internal departments, vendors, and external stakeholders.
- Aligns functional specifications with system-based capabilities, internal process/utilizations, and critical business partner engagement.
- Creates solution centric training materials and programs for business units as required.
- Acts as a change lead/expert within the organization; by maintaining a solid understanding of critical systems, emerging industry trends and process optimizations by incorporating best practices as they emerge.
- Risk Mitigation focused – Development, support and testing of critical system Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP).
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Engages across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate has their bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS)/IT, Business or other related discipline coupled with at least three to five (3-5) years of experience in a related role. They will have demonstrated experience in Microsoft O365, Oracle HCM, and Yardi ERP. Project Management experience is considered a strong asset. The candidate has solid interpersonal skills with proven communication, listening, and team building skills. They are self-directed and focused on delivering quality client service, with a passion for identifying innovative solutions to enhance systems and processes.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume
Subject: Intermediate Business Systems Analyst, NG/Halifax
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.