Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Accounting & Financial Reporting the Director, Shared Services is responsible for leading and managing Crombie’s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Recoveries processes and functions, ensuring all internal financial reports are prepared in a timely manner and are accurate and complete. Additional duties of the Director, Shared Services include but are not limited to;
- Assisting with the research and implementation of various accounting practices to support current and future business decisions. Ensuring that accounting and reporting standards are maintained at a high standard and respected by all team members.
- Providing leadership and oversight on General & Administrative (G&A) expenses, and monitoring of department G&A costs.
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), including preparation of financial tables, explanation of variances, and calculations of FFO and AFFO.
- Collaborating with the Vice President, Accounting & Financial Reporting, to develop process improvement initiatives and maintain an effective system of internal control, identifying process/systems improvements and ensuring implementation and consistency.
- Directing the Manager, Recoveries in their supervision, management, and coaching of team.
- Directing the Manager, Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable in their supervision, management and coaching of team.
- Providing ownership to the preparation of National and Regional operating and fiscal budgets, as well as non-recoverable operating budgets.
- Providing ownership of the process and preparation of annual tenant recoveries.
- Providing support and analysis on straight-line rent.
- Responsibility for Oversight of Collections and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Cultivating strong working relationships internally across all departments and building relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Engaging across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned by the Vice President, Accounting & Financial Reporting.
The Profile We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years of commercial real estate management experience, strong financial acumen, and previous people leadership experience, in addition to a post-secondary degree in Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, or related discipline. MBA, CPA, CMA, CA, or professional designation is considered an asset.
Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of finance and operations, and effectively establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to manage complex situations while leading strong teams is a must.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Interested applicants are asked to please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to;
Subject: Interim Director, Shared Services
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.