Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
Based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia the Industrial Mechanic is responsible for completing preventative maintenance on all facility equipment at the Scotia Square location and surrounding properties. Additional duties of the Industrial Mechanic include but are not limited to:
- Scheduled maintenance on assigned equipment, client related HVAC calls.
- Oversee repairs to large central air conditioning units.
- Repair and maintain industrial plant machinery and equipment.
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints.
- Dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Preventative plant maintenance.
- Operating and understanding life safety systems plus a dedication to the safety and security of our customers, clients and fellow employees.
The profile we are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance in an industrial environment.
- Trade Certification as a licensed Industrial Mechanic/Millwright is considered an asset.
- Advanced understanding of mechanics and HVAC systems.
- Understanding of electrical systems.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Subject: Industrial Mechanic, Scotia Square
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.