Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Director, Investor Relations and Financial Analysis, the Financial Analyst contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by providing support on the overall analysis, monitoring, review, evaluation, and planning of the company’s financial and operational performance. This role is immersed in valuable exposure across all lines of our business and will be responsible for providing analytical support for the various financial and operational aspects of Crombie. Additional duties of the Financial Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, including management, to understand business objectives and align with financial and operational strategy.
- Prepares Management Discussion & Analysis disclosures, various department documents and presentations, and supports other departmental functions as necessary.
- Provides strategic financial and analytical support and coordination to maximize value creation for Crombie REIT.
- Assists in the preparation of financial budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates and supports the analysis in review of various Crombie KPIs, ensuring all relevant databases and reports are maintained and accurate.
- Stays informed of current market trends and comparable competitor performance while developing a strong understanding of Crombie’s quarterly reporting.
- Helps to prepare various presentations for the Director, Investor Relations and Financial Analysis to present to the Board, Senior Management team, and other key stakeholders.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis, insight, research, and reporting in support of multiple Crombie departments.
The Profile We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of two years related experience in a professional environment, with a post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance. An MBA, CFA, CBV, or CPA designation (completed or in progress) is mandatory. Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately and experience working in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and online researching tools are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as has the ability to maintain confidential information.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Financial Analyst
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.