Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodations during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
Based out of the Avalon Mall in St. John’s, Newfoundland, the Facilities Manager is responsible for responding to all operational issues of the Avalon Mall, as well as short- and long-term client needs while leading the building operations staff, delegating, and following up on tasks as required. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, the Facilities Manager provides support for all operational aspects of the property. Additional duties of the Facilities Manager include but are not limited to:
- Operates within established expense budgets and effectively controls recoverable and non-recoverable CAPEX spending. Assists with the preparation of annual operations and capital project budgeting.
- Oversees key RFP and contract processes as required, launching the RFP/tender process, researching vendors in the region, building relationships with those vendors, and presenting vendor recommendations to the General Manager.
- Ensures preventative maintenance schedules are maintained and unscheduled repairs are timely and on budget: general maintenance including interior and exterior building components, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices and life safety systems; in addition to janitorial and housekeeping tasks.
- Obtains pricing and scheduling for work order requests.
- Ensures compliance with provincial occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation and internal OHS programs.
- Supports environmental programs at the property level.
- Monitors third-party contractors as it relates to contracted services (cleaning, escalator & elevator, HVAC, etc.).
- Manages Yardi work order and purchase order tasks.
- Monitors performance and repair costs for Voyager Fixed Asset module including HVAC, roofs, parking, electrical, mechanical, life safety and other equipment (i.e., emergency generator, sprinkler flows etc.).
- Engages across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate has as least five (5+) years experience in a maintenance-related position and has solid knowledge of building operations. Completion of formal education and real estate and/or property management are considered strong assets. The candidate has computer skills including the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi. Proficient knowledge in waste treatment and septic systems/sewage lift pumps/sewer flow monitoring, water fill stations and water distribution systems and daily water testing, fire pumps/fire panels, HVAC systems and a solid understanding of Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures are required. The candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills and has a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume
Subject: Facilities Manager, Avalon
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.