Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Estimator contributes to Crombie’s success by providing estimating support to the Construction and Design team to ensure the successful delivery of retail, office, and residential construction projects across the organization. Additional duties of the Estimator include but are not limited to;
- Supporting the Manager, Estimating in the implementation of the construction and development strategy.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Estimating, analyzes blueprints, specifications, bids, quotations, and other documentation to prepare probable time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Reviewing internal tender results against the project budget and providing feedback to the project team on tender versus budget comparisons.
- Supporting the project team with change order reviews when needed.
- Ensuring that all budgets and estimates are accurate and well researched based on current and historical information, reflect current trends in the market, and draw from a variety of sources.
- Keeping up to date with current market conditions and regional pricing data.
- Keeping abreast of trends within the market relative to construction materials and construction processes.
- Visiting job sites to identify issues and concerns, and to better understand field means and methods.
- Liaising and openly communicating with engineers, contractors, consultants, and other relevant parties as needed to create accurate estimates.
- Liaising and openly communicating with internal Crombie departments as required.
- Assisting the project team in the creation of their cost forecasts as needed.
- Following cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Supporting the Manager, Estimating with annual reporting to outline the estimating team’s workload and results
- Assisting with project schedule development.
- Cultivating strong working relationships internally across all departments as building relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Engaging across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The Profile We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of construction industry-related experience in estimating and/or cost consulting, in addition to a Degree or Diploma in Architectural Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Building Science, Quantity Surveying, or experience in a related field. Experience with estimating design-build projects would be considered an asset. Preference will be given to candidates working towards PQS, MRICS, and/or Cost Engineers designation.
All candidates must demonstrate professionalism and superior communication skills both verbally and written, and an interest and commitment to Environmental, Social, and (Corporate) Governance responsibilities is a must.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone and encourages applicants to self-identify. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.