Director, Internal Reporting
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Accounting & Financial Reporting, the Director, Internal Reporting is responsible for leading and managing all internal accounting and reporting functions for Crombie, ensuring all internal financial reports are prepared in a timely manner, are accurate and complete. The Director, Internal Reporting is a thought leader who provides leadership, coaching and mentorship to their direct reports and internal teams. Additional duties of the Director, Internal Reporting include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the timely, accurate and complete accounting reports for all property results and assists with providing detailed variance analysis and recommendations.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of actual results against budgets. Provides leadership to ensure all related property costs are properly recorded and benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance are established.
- Ensures cash flows, variances and NOI summaries are delivered in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Assists with the research and implementation of various accounting practices to support current and future business decisions.
- Ensures that accounting and reporting standards are maintained at a high standard and respected by all team members.
- Provides leadership and oversight on G&A and monitoring of department G&A costs
- Assists with the preparation of the quarterly Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), including preparation of financial tables, explanation of variances, and calculations of FFO and AFFO.
- Facilitates accounting transitions for acquisitions and dispositions by preparing budgets, year-end billings for dispositions, and providing sound financial information to the Corporate Development Team.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Internal Reporting to provide oversight to working paper preparation and review in support of annual audit as required.
- Provides ownership to the preparation of National and Regional operating and fiscal budgets, as well as non-recoverable operating budgets.
- Provides ownership to the process and preparation of annual tenant recoveries.
- Cultivates strong working relationships internally across all departments and builds relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the Vice President Accounting & Financial Reporting to develop process improvement initiatives and maintain an effective system of internal control, identifying process/systems improvements and ensuring implementation and consistency.
- Supports the Manager, Internal Reporting and the Manager, Accounts Payable & Receivable in their supervision, management and coaching of their teams.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned by the Vice President, Accounting & Financial Reporting.
- Other special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate would have a preferred ten years of related public company experience in accounting and financial reporting as well as a CPA, CMA or CA designation. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage a complex workload and lead across a multitude of departments. The successful candidate must have a sound knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, capital markets, market drivers, economic trends and be able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Director, Internal Reporting