Location: Ontario or Nova Scotia
Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie is an integrity-driven, caring, and purpose-built organization. It’s why we’ve been voted one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the listed qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you feel energized thinking about what you could accomplish here, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Crombie values diversity, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative culture that is free of barriers, increases equity, and drives stronger business results. We encourage and invite candidates to self-identify on your resume if you are a member from one of the following groups: Members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, women, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you by contacting us at email@example.com.
Who we are
We build communities, and we build teams.
As one of Canada’s leading REITs, we work in real estate, and we create real connections between people while we work towards our long-term vision of sustainable growth.
You’ll join a community of values-driven, caring colleagues. We collaborate, solve problems, and cheer each other on. Our culture is rooted in our values: outperform expectations, embody integrity, care passionately, deliver excellence together, and empower one another.
We care for our employees, we support flexible work, compensate with great benefits, and work with you to help meet your career goals. Learn more about us at crombie.ca.
The Director, ESG & Sustainability oversees Crombie’s Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainability program execution and strategies, in conjunction with various business units; project managing a complex, evolving functional area with a variety of business inputs. This role leads the integration of Crombie’s ESG strategy across the business, ensuring alignment between E, S, and G programing and strategy. The Director, ESG and Sustainability plays an integral part in the security and future growth of Crombie, its people and culture. The Director, ESG & Sustainability will be responsible to:
- Implement and evolve Crombie’s ESG Strategy, including Crombie’s Climate Action Plan, working collaboratively across the business to communicate our goals and translate them into action and measurable progress.
- Stay abreast of industry leading environmental and sustainability programs, ensuring risk mitigation and compliance on a federal, provincial, and municipal level.
- Identify leading and best suited technologies to support Crombie’s ESG strategy and Climate Action Plan, implementing program, data and utility tracking systems as required.
- Manage all ESG related projects, programs, and initiatives (e.g., decarbonization plans, certifications, tenant engagement, DEI, data management, etc.), ensuring alignment with our E, S, and G priorities.
- Establish standardized processes and reporting procedures to drive our ESG strategy forward in alignment with GRESB, Measurabl, and other reporting platforms/standards, researching and refreshing programs and processes as the function evolves.
- Engage with Operations team to enhance our environmental standards, programs, and reporting at our sites.
- Engage with People & Culture and Communications leadership to ensure all Social related activities are aligned with and drive overall ESG strategy.
- Engage with Finance and Accounting leadership to ensure all Governance related activities are aligned with and drive overall ESG strategy.
- Oversee and manage, with third party support as appropriate, periodic materiality assessments related to ESG.
- Manage and coordinate ESG plans and public disclosures including our ESG Strategy, Climate Action/Decarbonization Plans, Annual ESG Report, quarterly disclosures, and benchmark submissions (e.g., GRESB, SASB, and TCFD, etc.), including collaboration with various business units and oversight of any third parties involved.
- Lead Crombie’s ESG Working Group and participates as a member of the ESG Steering Committee, DEI Advisory Committee, and other committees as required.
- Develop and maintains ESG and Climate Action budgets, working collaboratively with other key business units to ensure projects deliver value and are implemented on time and on budget.
- Proactively communicate and champion ESG internally and externally.
- Identify best practices in our industry and assesses long-term value add of emerging ESG trends and technologies.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a university degree in Business, Environmental Science, Engineering, or other related discipline. You have at least five (5) years experience in ESG or Project Management or in a similar leadership role. You possess strong project management skills and designations and/or credentials in sustainability or project management are considered strong assets. You are up to date with global/industry ESG trends and their application in commercial, retail, and residential real estate. You have a passion to make an impact on environmental and social issues and have highly effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills. You have excellent analytical skills and familiarity with sustainability strategy and reporting measurement and analysis. The successful candidate will have the exceptional ability to develop positive relationships, communicate and lead through influence across geographies, build consensus and prioritize action and results. You have proven experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Subject: Director, ESG & Sustainability, ON or NS
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.