Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax plays an integral role in the administration, review, analysis and execution of property taxes and payables related to property taxes. The Coordinator provides support and analysis for Crombie’s national portfolio and will be the first point of contact with municipal and provincial officials. Additional duties of the Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax include but are not limited to:
- Completes bill payment tracking, bill approval preparation, document distribution, and general correspondence
- Codes all tax statements and bills; enters invoices into Yardi (IR) to ensure expenses are captured, payments are released prior to due dates, and mitigates any incurred penalties
- Ensures realty tax information is up to date and consistent across all key platforms and databases including Yardi Voyager, Optimus, and other property tax software as required
- Reviews, organizes, tracks, and updates the file system for Realty Tax information (digital and hard copies)
- Tracks key property tax billing due dates, and proactively tracks down missing/outstanding bills
- Monitors appeal filing deadlines and liaises with various internal departments to ensure all necessary information is gathered and provided to the Manager of Corporate Realty Tax for review
- Compiles all necessary property information, ensure approval from Manager of Corporate Realty Tax, and ensure submissions are completed for all Request For Information (RFI) requests from each taxing authority
- Provides ownership towards the submission, circulation, and tracking of Vacancy Rebate Applications process.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all municipal and provincial bodies, ensuring correspondence and information reaches the appropriate internal and/or external stakeholders
- Liaises with Municipalities, towns, and city officials to gain information regarding property tax accounts and address updates as well as to resolve bill discrepancies or outstanding questions
- Assists with the preparation of recovery schedules, budgets, tax impact analysis, assessment analysis, and process tax rebate applications as required
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with internal departments, to ensure success within the role
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
The profile we are looking for
Our Ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Analytical, problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in working in Excel, Power Point and Word are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Coordinator, Corporate Realty Tax
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.