Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Manager, Recoveries & Analytics, the Analyst, Recoveries provides support and analysis for Crombie’s Internal Reporting team. This role is a key member of the Crombie team and collaborates across the organization to improve the consistency and efficiency of our business, reporting functions, and supporting systems. Additional duties of the Analyst, Recoveries include but are not limited to;
- Performing moderately complex analysis of assigned projects and special tasks.
- Collaborating with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Teams (AR, AP, and Accounting) to identify areas of process improvement and acting as a point person for assigned department/organizational initiatives, testing, and policy/procedure development.
- Data gathering and input of information to required systems.
- Implementation and providing recommendations for continuous improvements and advancements in the recovery process.
- In collaboration with leadership, taking a holistic approach to streamlining tenant inquiries process and requests as applicable.
- Facilitating and implementing new processes around year-end billings, and so forth.
- Ensuring all Crombie processes/reporting functions follow all applicable accounting standards.
- Demonstrating ownership for special projects and project team(s) as assigned, in addition to providing reporting metrics to direct manager and senior leadership on project progress.
- Supporting the budgeting process to identifying trends and forecasting as required.
- Understanding Crombie’s accounting systems and platforms, acting as a subject matter expert and power user.
- Cultivating strong working relationships internally across all departments, and building relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Engaging across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The Profile We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate has a minimum of two years related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting or Business Administration; CPA, CMA, or CA designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with real estate accounting software (CTI or Yardi) is considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Analyst, Recoveries
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted