Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Based out of Halifax, the Analyst, Information Systems will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships between the various Crombie team members and our Information Systems & Technology team. The onsite intermediate Analyst, Information Systems must have strong technical skills coupled with customer service, and collaboration experience. They will elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the property sites requirements through proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Additional duties of the Analyst, Information Systems include but are not limited to;
- Providing second-level support for systems, applications, hardware, and other incidents and requests by investigating problems and taking corrective actions.
- Monitoring and resolving requests sent to the Crombie IT inbox in a timely fashion and ensuring client satisfaction by taking ownership of open items and ensuring incidents are fully resolved or re-assigned. Document all actions and solutions and update technical details within operational procedures if required.
- Identifying and escalating production critical issues to appropriate groups.
- Ensuring effective operating procedures compliant with all relevant privacy legislation for all existing data systems and platforms (both hardware and software).
- Maintaining a sufficient level of expertise with the organization’s current platform(s) and tools.
- Assisting with planning office relocations and other regional IT tasks if required.
- Take ownership of second-level support issues escalated from the Helpdesk and follow through to successful resolution.
- Supporting hardware asset management and software license compliance.
- Preparing and delivering reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential gaps in IT operations.
- Developing supporting documentation, system processes, and procedures that relate to all supported systems in conjunction with related technical services teams, as well as the maintenance and upkeep of existing documentation for current systems.
- Establishing and maintaining positive, working relationships with peers, project stakeholders, resources, and senior management.
- Translating conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to other IT teams.
- Helping identify gaps in processes and procedures for continual improvement of efficiencies in the organization.
- Cultivating strong working relationships internally across all departments as building relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Engaging across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned
The Profile We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have three to five years of related experience working on troubleshooting and resolving issues with desktop PCs and supporting a large complex user base, in addition to post-secondary education in the field of Computer Science or IT Management. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbally and written, are a must. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage concurrent projects and meet fast-paced deadlines, in addition to being a self-starter who can develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as maintain confidential information.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Analyst, Information Systems
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.