Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who we are
We are one of Canada’s leading REITs, but more importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who share our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do, are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to and working with the Director, Development Analytics, the Analyst, Development is responsible for providing support to the overall national modeling and analysis for all Crombie-related development projects. The Analyst will provide ongoing development and support for pro forma templates for current and future developments, including land use intensification, shopping centre redevelopments, and residential and major mixed-use developments. Additional duties of the Analyst, Development include but are not limited to:
- Supports and leads pro forma models for Crombie’s non-major development projects, including commercial and industrial projects.
- Collects, inputs and develops assumptions for pro forma models through market/policy research and collaboration with departments across the organization.
- Reviews development information provided by joint venture partners, including development budgets, construction cost estimates, and cash flow analysis.
- Reviews consultant reports related to development finance and analytics, including appraisals and market studies.
- Assists in preparation of financial feasibility analysis and presentation materials, including sensitivity tables, scenario reviews, and other analysis.
- Supports, updates and maintains integrity of the future development pipeline and development/entitlement ladder.
- Coordinates with Development, Finance, and Accounting teams to provide development information and ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Coordinates with Development, Construction, and Finance teams to support quarterly Development forecasts and annual development budgets.
- Maintains database for development project information (e.g. total project costs, budget vs. actual) and prepares summary analysis.
- Undertakes real estate research on topics including demand/supply trends, revenue/cost trends, and government policy/cost trends.
- Provides research and modelling support on ESG-related items for Crombie’s development projects.
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge through building professional networks, attending events, and reviewing industry publications.
- Cultivates strong working relationships internally across all departments and builds relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Engages across all levels of the organization to create and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have two to five years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Business Administration; however, recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Professional designation (completed or in progress) is considered an asset. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and the ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
All candidates must demonstrate professionalism and superior communication skills both verbally and written, and interest in and a commitment to Environmental, Social, and (Corporate) Governance responsibilities is a must. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Analyst, Development
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.