Headquartered in New Glasgow, NS, Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Here are a few more reasons why we all love where we work:
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules and locations;
- Funding assistance for professional dues and furthering education;
- An on-site fitness facility, or subsidized fitness centre memberships;
- Corporate discount rates;
- Professional development programs to help you grow and succeed; and
- A strong, diverse culture that promotes thought leadership and interdepartmental collaboration.
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable & Receivable, this role contributes to Crombie’s success by effectively and accurately managing billings and collections for a portfolio of assigned Crombie properties. Additional duties of the Accounts Receivable Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Coding payments received, including cheques and EFTs, providing team and corporate support as required.
- Processing daily cheque deposits and accurately applying payments to tenant accounts.
- Processing documents and generating monthly rent billings, property tax billings, and misc billings.
- Reviewing current process for opportunities to improve.
- Communicating effectively and courteously with tenants on billings and collection matters.
- Communicating with team leads on billing and collection matters.
- Producing quality work with minimal verification or revision required.
- Overseeing a portfolio of properties within assigned region. Developing superior knowledge of the properties and tenancies, and making recommendations to Property Managers and Accountants as required.
- Demonstrating awareness of corporate strategy and team’s goals, and striving to achieve them.
- Acting as an active, prepared member of the property management meetings.
- Demonstrating ability and drive to effectively interact with cross functional teams.
- Completing monthly AR Reports in accordance with project requirements and deadlines.
- Taking sensible risks in support of the business strategy.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Profile We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate would have two years minimum of related business or administrative experience in a professional environment, as well as a post-secondary degree or diploma in business or office administration. However, all individuals demonstrating proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience in organizing and managing concurrent projects will be considered. Previous experience using Yardi Voyager is considered an asset. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written. are a must. The successful candidate must be able to develop and build upon existing relationships both internally and externally.
Crombie’s commitment to workforce diversity is about creating an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging for everyone. We strive to foster a sense of belonging, trust, inclusion, and respect. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process, including, but not limited to, an accessible interview location, alternate documents, or an ASL Interpreter. If you require accommodation during the application process, please email email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume;
Subject: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.