Vice President, Accounting and Financial Reporting
Who we are
Crombie is one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that enjoys what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President, Accounting and Financial Reporting is accountable for the leadership, oversight and management of Crombie REIT’s accounting, reporting, auditing, and Investor Relations functions. Reporting to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer, this role provides technical and strategic financial leadership to Crombie’s Executive Management team and to the Board of Trustees. Additional duties of the Vice President, Accounting and Financial Reporting include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and oversight of the corporate accounting and financial reporting processes including month/quarter-end reporting, consolidation, taxation, and valuation;
- Preparation of the financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for the quarterly and annual reports to investors;
- Ensuring that accounting and reporting standards are maintained at a high standard and respected by all team members. Consistently research new IFRS/IAS standards that impact Crombie’s financial position and financial statements and co-ordinate policy solutions;
- Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and the CEO-CFO certification standards are met, including assisting internal audit and compliance programs to identify and document process improvements, implementing preventive and detective controls;
- Leadership and oversight of the investor relations function and processes;
- Overseeing the preparation of all materials for Crombie’s Audit Committee and other committees related to accounting and financial reporting. Acting as the principle liaison with our external auditing firm, the Canada Revenue Agency, Sobeys and other strategic business partners.
- Ensuring timely, accurate and complete accounting for all property results, acquisitions and dispositions and assisting with providing detailed variance analysis and recommendations;
- Providing oversight and monitoring of actual results against budgets. Providing leadership to ensure all related property costs are properly recorded and benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance are established;
- Ensuring timely filing of applicable external tax documents including HST/GST/QST returns, T2 corporate returns and T3 returns;
- Providing advice, leadership and direction on accounting and reporting standards for Crombie REIT to the Board of Trustees, the Leadership Team, direct reports and their teams, and colleagues across all regions;
- In collaboration with Talent Management, overseeing the departments’ talent development to ensure that each member of the team understands their position, where they fit into the process, and assisting in their growth, development and succession planning
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have ten to fifteen years of related public company experience in accounting and financial reporting at a senior leadership level, as well as a CPA, CMA or CA designation. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and the ability to manage a complex workload and lead across a multitude of departments. The successful candidate must have a sound knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, capital markets, market drivers, economic trends and be able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been consistently recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Vice President, Accounting and Financial Reporting
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.